Jason D. Katz is a Florida licensed attorney. Mr. Katz is Board Certified in Construction Law by the Florida Bar and AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. His practice includes both litigation and transactional work.
Mr. Katz graduated from University of Virginia with a degree in Systems Engineering, and he received his J.D. degree from Nova Southeastern University. Mr. Katz graduated first in his law school class.
While in law school, Mr. Katz clerked at the Broward County attorneys’ office. After law school he worked for a national law firm specializing in construction law and government contracts. He is admitted to all Florida state courts and all Federal District Courts in Florida. Mr. Katz serves as an Adjunct Professor of Law for Nova Southeastern University’s Shepard Broad Law School.
- University of Virginia (B.S., Systems Engineering, 2001)
- Nova Southeastern Law University (J.D., summa cum laude, 2005) graduated first in class
Bar & Court Admissions
- Florida, 2005
- Florida Federal Courts- Southern District, Middle District, Northern District
- SPS Corp. and Great American Insurance Company v. Kinder Builders, Inc., 997 So. 2d 1232 (Fla. 3d DCA 2008)
- General Asphalt Co., Inc. v. Solo Construction Corp and The Guarantee Company of North America USA, Miami-Dade Case No. 10-10020 (obtained summary judgment on payment bond claim)
- Sun-Tech Plumbing Contractors, Inc. v. Kast Construction III, LLC, 84 So. 3d 328 (Fla. 3d DCA 2012)